Sunday, December 18, 2005

Joy to the world!

A couple months of work culminated in our all-music Christmas Program in Sacrament Meeting today. And, except for one error in the printed program (by yours truly), the whole thing went off without a hitch! In fact, it was way better than we had anticipated. When you plan a good program, you're usually destined for success, but that success is multiplied when you have the Lord on your side. The Spirit was very strong today and bore witness of the Savior to so many people who were present, including me. What really struck me today was the reminder that we all have to be shepherds in our own field. The other big thing is that music can be a very powerful tool for accomplishing the Lord's work.

People were very kind and gave us lots of positive feedback. I guess no one could hear the total lack of sleep in my voice on my solo. Don't tell anyone I slept less than 4 hours last night. I guess putting on a Christmas Program in the middle of finals isn't exactly the smartest thing to do.

But luckily I got a little nap time in after church (I have no children). And now I'm going to bed, only to face the infamous Contracts final tomorrow. Wish me luck!

No comments: