Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Hallelujah!

I have seen the beast, and yet I live to tell the tale. I have been down to the most bottom pits of finals darkness, and I emerge into the light of day, a greater man for the experience. And my eyes are killing me.

No seriously though. I finished my last final today! Yay! I'm a free man! Minus the other things I've contracted to do over the break, I'm basically responsibility-less for the next month. I'm like a kid in a candy store at this point. I can finally hang those pictures I meant to hang when we moved in. I can finish sorting through my files. I can sort my sheet music. I can put my first semester books on my shelf! Now they're just for looking at.

My last test was civil procedure, and even though I feel like it rocked me, I don't feel so bad because I heard many people with the same feeling. I also have a next-door-neighbor who felt bad about his first year finals right after he took them, and now he's the Notes Editor for the Law Review, and has a clerk position on the Court of Appeals. So the moral of the story: you never know until you know.

And until I know, I'm not going to think about it for a second. I'm going to bed now, and I'm not setting my alarm. Good night and good luck.

No comments: