Friday, October 26, 2007

Chocolate Festival

This past weekend, right here in our own little city of Charlottesville, they held a Chocolate Festival! Could there be anything in the world so exciting?!


A few steps into the tent, and who did we find? Our good friend Jenni Bowman, selling her beautiful faux chocolate.

Her husband Jeff was reeling in the crowd with real chocolate.

Jenni makes these deceptively delicious looking cakes and candies for decoration. They look great at parties, weddings, or as a fun gift.

This tree is covered in beautiful handmade faux chocolates. You can store this tree and bring it out every December. And you don't have to worry about little hands eating your ornaments.

Don't those cupcakes look tasty?


Yum.


I like the dipped apples. They'd make a cool holiday decoration.


While our senses of smell and taste were being entertained with fudge samples and cupcakes, our ears were filled with the fun folk music of... these two dudes.


Virginia's favorite son Robert E. Lee looked on approvingly.

I think the cream cheese chocolate muffins were Rosa's favorite.

Or was it the Melting Pot strawberries and pineapples dipped in warm chocolate?

I think the Melting Pot chocolate won. This is the cleanest picture I had of Rosa eating it. Don't worry - her fingers were clean before she started "scooping" out the chocolate.

Although Rosa was in heaven, I found something I loved too - dark chocolate fudge! What a delicious day.

2 comments:

Ericka said...

Oh my gosh, I am so sorry I missed that! Next time tell us before the festival!

{irene} said...

First, awesome sweater Dave!!!...Viva EspaƱa!!!!!!...and second I would have killed to be there surrounded by so much chocolate!!!!!!