Friday, August 18, 2006

I made it!

Last night, my 32-hour drive from Salt Lake ended - and fortunately, at the time, I was in my car, parking right out front of my Charlottesville apartment. The last day of driving was definitely the worst, and felt the longest. I just wanted to be done with it. On the bright side, I was very fortunate to be traveling in such comfort in perfect safety. And I even got to stop and see Julie's family along the way.

Today's my nephew's birthday - he's five! Sometimes I feel sad that we're all so far away from each other. But at least we have airplanes and cars so we can visit each other.

This morning, I've joined in helping a couple friends move in. I'm still going through my own boxes, buying books, picking up groceries, cleaning the car, and trudging my way through all these errands that gotta get done.

Back to work!

No comments: