Thursday, March 22, 2007

Wherein our hero turns 26

At 1:07am this morning, I officially entered the second quarter century of my time on this fine earth of ours. Many people don't make much of birthdays, but I think re-visiting the precise place in the universe where you were born is a cause for celebrating.

Let's examine my life in numbers:
  • 26 --> years I've been breathing through my lungs
  • 15,192,777,600 --> miles I've traveled around the sun
  • 819,936,000 --> seconds I've been alive
  • 10 --> length of my hair in feet if I had never cut it
  • 39,760 --> dreams I've had
  • 7 --> dreams I remember today
  • 3 --> countries I've visited
  • 33 --> states I've visited or driven through (not counting airports)
  • 6 --> songs I've written
  • 1,250 --> Sundays I've spent at Church
  • 5 --> schools I've attended
  • 20 --> years I've been a full-time student
  • 1,093,973,400 --> times my overworked heart has beaten
  • 3 --> freakin awesome siblings I have
  • 11 --> beautiful nieces and nephews I have
  • 409,968,000 --> breaths I've taken
  • 8 --> full-length concerts I've personally produced
  • 3 --> appearances I've made on TV
  • 4,500 --> gallons of water I've drunk
  • 0 --> fluid ounces of alcohol I've drunk
  • 6 --> real jobs I've had
  • 4 --> times I've gotten extremely ill
  • 0 --> bones I've broken
  • 200 --> "it's a boy" announcement cards my father had to re-print when he realized I wasn't born on March 21
  • 9 --> holes of golf I've played
  • 3 --> speeding tickets I've gotten
  • 0 --> times I've been arrested
  • 1 --> wife who woke up early this morning to get me Panera bagels
  • 117 --> blog posts I've written

One awesome life: priceless.

4 comments:

rosa said...

26 --> big, fat kisses I still need to give you!

ANJ said...

happy birthday, mr. dave... good job on the alcohol.

and i'd like to know where you got some of those stats.

{irene} said...

HAPPY LATE B-DAY GUAPO!...LOVE YA

Sarah H said...

200 --> "it's a boy" announcement cards my father had to re-print when he realized I wasn't born on March 21

HAHAHAHAHA! LOL.